Monday, July 13, 2009

tha look is dope...

stolen merchandise...
my college->FIDM posted "back to school" looks && interviews on their blogsite nd they really amazed ME!!!

FIDM Street Style
Robert Romero
Major: Graphic Design


What he's wearing: sunglasses, Gucci; watch, D&G; vest, Express; shirt, H&M; white slim jeans, Express; Nike shoes, Footlocker; bag, Aldo.
Fashion Pet Peeves?

"I'm usually very unbiased when it comes to peoples' own fashion sense, but I do have a few pet peeves that I cannot overlook. I don't like when people give into the trends completely, and have no original styling to their outfits. Ed Hardy would definitely be on my pet peeves list, along with white crew socks combined with cargo shorts, and crocs. I understand the importance of being comfortable, but there is no excuse for just being plain lazy with your style. If you're going to wear something, make it decent; it's easier than it seems."



What he's wearing: fedora, H&M; sunglasses, Dolce & Gabbana; vest, Heritage; skinny tie, Express; Slim dark grey denim jeans, Express; shoes, Nordstrom; bag, Zara.
What do you find appealing about accessories?"I think that an outfit is never complete without the right accessories. They accent the basics, and give you an overall better look. My favorite accessories include: watches, skinny ties, and bow ties, but above all, sunglasses and bags. I love ties and bow ties because they give you that dressy look without having to dress up completely. Watches just spice up the outfit, making it more edgy or more clean and sophisticated. I feel bracelets and rings can also do the trick. Sunglasses are one of my definitive pieces, and I try to pick a pair that ties the whole outfit together.
If I'm trying to dress more casual, I'll wear some plastic/metal aviators or wayfarers. If I want to be a little more dressy I'll wear a more classic style, like the ones I'm wearing right now. But above all or those, I usually coordinate my outfit according to my bag. I like to have my bag set the tone for my outfit, it bugs me when they clash. It just makes your outfit a little less organized, and sometimes throws it off completely."


What he's wearing: Fedora, H&M; maroon tee, Express; suspenders, Tux; bow tie, Aldo; Watch, Aldo; Slim jean, Express; Shoes, Nordstrom; glasses, prescription; canvas bag, Club Monaco.


What stores do you like to shop at, and what do you like to look for?"I am super picky when it comes to my wardrobe. Whenever I go into a store I usually leave with a bunch of bags (once I start I can't stop). My usual stores include: H&M, Aldo, Express, Club Monaco, Nordstrom, Sunglass Hut, and Kenneth Cole--along with a few random stores here and there. I try to look for pieces that are dramatically different from anything I already have. I don't like to buy clothes that are too generic or considered "trendy." I make selections influenced by current trends, but I make it my own. I wear what I like, not what I should like. I look for anything fitted and usually unique."
Keep an eye out for more great looks by Romero this week!

No comments: